Brexanolone Appears Promising for Treating Postpartum Depression

Brexanolone Appears Promising for Treating Postpartum Depression


Prof.Dr.Dram,profdrram@gmail.com,Gastro Intestinal,Liver Hiv,Hepatitis and sex diseases expert 7838059592,9434143550


 A new intravenous medication—brexanolone—showed promising results in a small, but diverse sample of women with severe postpartum depression, according to a study published online June 12 in The Lancet. Samantha Meltzer-Brody, M.D., says she is encouraged by the results of early clinical trials of brexanolone—an allosteric modulator of both synaptic and extra-synaptic GABA-A receptors—now entering a phase 3 clinical trial.
        “Postpartum depression (PPD) is one of the most common complications of childbirth, but currently there are no treatment options specifically indicated to treat women with PPD,” said Samantha Meltzer-Brody. Because of the serious adverse impact that depression can have on the mother, infant, and family, a medication that acts quickly is important. Psychotherapy and antidepressants can often take weeks to be effective.
             For the double-blind, randomized, controlled trial, researchers assigned 21 women with severe postpartum depression (Hamilton Depression Rating Scale [HAM-D] score of at least 26) to a 60-hour, continuous intravenous dose of brexanolone or placebo. To make the sample as representative as possible, the researchers recruited patients from urban, suburban, and rural settings in the United States to receive treatment at four research sites.By 60 hours, seven (70 percent) women had achieved remission (HAM-D total score of ≤7) compared with one (9 percent) in the placebo group. 
            Brexanolone was found to be generally well tolerated among the study participants. There were no deaths, other serious adverse events, or discontinuations. The most commonly reported adverse events in the brexanolone group were dizziness (two brexanolone-treated subjects; three placebo-treated subjects) and somnolence (two brexanolone-treated subjects; no placebo-treated subjects).
     While these results are encouraging, an ongoing phase 3 clinical program will further evaluate the safety and efficacy of brexanolone. “If successfully developed and approved, this medication would be an enormous step forward for the field,” she said.

Comments

  1. I was in trouble when doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with Herpes disease… I thought about my Family, I know my Family will face a serious problem when I'm gone, I lost hope and I wept all day, but one day I was searching the internet I found Dr.ezomo contact number. I called him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr.ezomo herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr.ezomo and very happy with my hubby and family. email him on dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number+2349069171173
    He can also cure so many sickness
    {1}HIV And AIDS
    {2}Diabetes
    {3}Epilepsy
    {4}Blood Cancer
    {5}HPV
    {7}ALS
    {8}Hepatitis
    {9}spell caster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone I'm Mrs Katrina Bennett, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and i have tried have him back but i could not, so i try to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your Ex back and there i saw a lady testifying on how Dr.alusi helped her to get her husband back after he was tie down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and i contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.alusi helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also reunite your lovers feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor alusi can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and some other things.I can assure he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [dr.alusistanley@gmail.com] or +2348146050373.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment